Friday, September 18, 2020

Staying Busy During the Pandemic




Greetings, everyone. I trust you are all keeping safe in this corona virus era. Just watching the news depresses me. I lost a cousin to it, but everyone else seems okay. 

Sadly it's getting deeply embedded in the prisons. It hit at my guys on death row, actually in the block I lived in when I was there. They survived. Only one case there right now. We are on our third round with it. It tore through here in January and touched just about every one including me. That was before they really knew. They put it down as respiratory and unlike the other prisons it touched, we didn't lose anyone. Or so we think? 

Just yesterday we found out another dorm was placed on quarantine, and it was the dorm that houses the guys who work the kitchen. Who worked in the kitchen the day before. The prison never announced it, so they were working the kitchen up to the day they quarantined them. It's getting a little scary, as the only precautions they have are passing out masks once every other month and soap. 

It's been a blessing that we maybe haven't had a death as of yet, though the guy they took out was really bad off, with an ambulance and everything. The DRC no longer updates what is going on with this on their website, so we have no idea what's really happening. 

But so far I'm safe as can be, and with nine months before I return to the parole board, I will try to stay safe. All else is well, it's about to be my busy season. I have already started facilitating The Tyro Dad classes twice a week, twice a day, two hour sessions. It's going pretty good. I'm also in the middle of my janitorial apprenticeship. I need about 800 more hours to complete the 2000 required hours. On the 21st of this month the new semester starts. I have three classes, and the same day I start IOP classes that are four days a week, two hours a day. Yes, it's a lot, but I'm at my best when I'm busy. And this is all good for the parole board, so please keep me in your prayers. 

Till next time, stay you...stay safe. 

Blessings,

Arthur

1 comment:

  1. POWERFUL! Praying God moves on the hearts of the parole board to release you! Looking forward to working with you!

    Pastor MyRon Edmonds (Francine’s Pastor)

    ReplyDelete